<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Katrina - Wrong name 

I am appalled.

Everytime I turn on the news I get more appalled. Each time there is just an even more horrible development of the chaotic situation.

It's clear a lot of the left behind people are being treated like dirt. I am sure they got aid to Indonesia a lot quicker than to the Superdome.

And in any country, if a city with 1/2 million people was emptied and everyone told to evacuate, it becomes a war zone or a gang zone. That is just a magnet for every type of wrong doing possible.

And some of those tv commentators are so irritating, they keep saying these sappy, chivalrous things, while feeding on the tragedy like vultures.

I haven't even watched much of the coverage, so I just have the usual tons of questionings, as to why so many efforts are crumbling in front of everyone's eyes and so much that should have been done fast and efficiently was not even begun.

Not to mention that one cannot miss noticing that 99% of the people not being helped are black and poor.

And I who thought that most of what would happen with Katrina would have been over by last Tuesday morning :-)

BTW, who in heaven had the turnip head idea of naming this hurricane Katrina??? Katrina is a name for ballerinas, gymnasts, fashion models... It just doesn't sound like a bad hurricane name to me...

I would have gone for Godzilla :-)

Godzilla, the Hurricane, now that sounds right.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?