<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 20, 2005

Why Do Humans Have Such Different Drawing Abilities? 

This is a question I had thought of before, which came up again (for me) in a thread at Ace:

On a more serious inquiring note, I find it really intriguing how humans are so different with drawing abilities. Why are most people not able to draw well? What makes it so hard to see something in 3D and trace it in 2D format on a piece of paper?


For me, at least, to draw a copy of an existing drawing or photo to another piece of paper is infinitely easier than to draw the exact same thing if I were looking at it in a real, 3D space. Does that have to do with how our eyes see things? Is it just lack of training or practice?

Also, do most of your drawing abilities come from your genes, you are born with them? Is that why some people can do it effortlessly and others not at all? How much can a human being actually learn to draw?

.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?