<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Irresistible 

So, after going to the gym last night, I was hungry and started thinking about what would be a good way to resolve it, when I settled at stopping by at the supermarket and getting some things to make a nice hamburger (I had no lettuce, tomato, bread, nor mustard at home). I was at the checkout counter, waiting for my turn, when I turn around to gaze in another direction and what do I see? A whole pyramid of Nutella. Oh God! There it was, staring at me, begging me to buy it. As I have mentioned before, I usually avoid buying Nutella at all costs because it's just too good (and the calorie content is slightly different than a lettuce leaf).

"I am not going to buy it... I love Nutella... It's staring at me... But it only comes second to mayonaise in calories.. No.. No.. I don't want to buy it..." I glanced away. I glanced back. I looked away. "Just one... " I cajoled myself. So I went over and, thank you Jesus, it was the small container version. After I got home, I had a really nice meal with a fantastic home made hamburger and Italian grapes for dessert. I wasn't really going to have more dessert, when I thought, "Just a little chocolate taste, like an after dinner sweet." A little while later, half the Nutella pot was gone.

So this morning I wake up and I tell myself, "must have small breakfast, to compensate for yesterday's late night splurge." So I have a small breakfast (which includes some Nutella) and come blog and the thought of it just keeps coming up again and again. Oh, the heck with it...

Now I'll just wait six months before buying it again.

.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?