<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 21, 2005

The Portuguese Are Coming! 

I have (blog) guests! And from across the ocean! Because of a blog entry at a Portuguese blog, all of a sudden I got all these hits from Portugal. Instead of getting an Instalanche, I got a Portulanche. :-)

The wonders of the Internet. An ocean is nothing more than a poem.

So, since this is a special occasion, let us blog something for our guests...

Não é desgraça ser pobre,
não é desgraça ser louca:
desgraça é trazer o fado
no coração e na boca.


For those that are not Portuguese, this is by Amália Rodrigues. She was the greatest singer of fado, an enchanting type of Portuguese music.



Misery, not from being poor
Misery, not from being mad
Misery is having to carry the fado
in my voice and in my heart.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?