<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Nice Article about Blogging Conference 

At Corante.

I found this an interesting point about audience spikes:

I'm also interested in spikes, what causes them and their shape, for example my recent Instapundit mention caused a huge, one-day spike with no retention afterwards, but a link from Kuro5hin had a four day upward climb and a six day fall-off with a good retention rate afterwards.

Which one is more valuable? Well, the Instapundit spike was bigger, but the Kuro5hin one spread my link more widely and persisted longer, with more people sticking around on the blog afterwards.

Also talks about audio and video blogging, which is something I think has great potential in education and other professional blogs.

.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?