<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

A Blog Supported by Micropatrons 

From the Guardian on a blogger that wants to go pro with his blog:

I don't know this blog, but I think "micropatrons" is a fine idea. It's a wonderful alternative to the obligatory advertising revenue model. I think it will be the future for many blogs. They may grow into a one-person business or a small group blog enterprise and function like all other publications. And pretty soon, they will be enmeshed in all the problems traditional publications have always had. Nevertheless, the one-person-blog enterprise is a valid one.

Editing and writing for a blog on a daily basis as an individual takes a lot of work if your blog is up in the professional publication level. There's no reason why anyone should be barred from living from it if they have a supportive audience and the blog author can provide them a service they are willing to pay for.

Any time my millions of readers want to make their 100K contributions for me to continue my glorious blog reflecting, my email is at the top left corner. I prefer macropatrons to micropatrons, I might add. I don't reflect for peanuts, you know. A little yacht near my own Greek island is the very least I could get for the golden pearls of wisdom I am revealing here. ;-)

.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?