<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 17, 2005

You and Blogging - La Shawn Asks 

Lots of responses to these questions:

1) How long have you been blogging?

2) Do you believe you’re addicted to blogging? Please explain, and be honest. It is habit-forming, I must confess. (If I decide to use your response, I may have follow-up questions.)

3) Have you ever taken a hiatus? If so, for what reason and how long?

4) Have you ever thought of giving up your blog? Why or why not?



These were my answers:
1) How long have you been blogging?

Less than a year. Didn´t do much until more recently, because in the beginning I actually didn´t know much of what you could do with a blog or how you interacted with other people´s blogs. And I still find it takes hours to search and find interesting blogs (downside). Blogs feel quite different than email lists, which I only do a couple.

2) Do you believe you´re addicted to blogging? Please explain, and be honest.

Yes, but it depends in part on what else you have going on in your life. If anyone wants to pay me to do my blog editing/authoring, specially in the 100k range… plus given that my blog has nothing formally professional about it… I´ll take it immediately. As others have mentioned, you start discovering and forming endless communities, you visit with friends, you laugh, you get to make countless enemies you´ve never met in person.. a joy… :-)

3) Have you ever taken a hiatus? If so, for what reason and how long?

If I am busy with other things, travel, activities, etc.

4) Have you ever thought of giving up your blog? Why or why not?

I´ve just started, so, no thought of that now. Even though I have not written great volumes in my blog, I have seen already that my writing has improved, to my happiness. And I have just begun to get to know what´s out there in the blog world. Discovering others is as important to me as writing my own blog.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?