<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

What You Should Learn From Playing Cricket 


"Aim high" has been my motto, 'said Sir Humphrey, 'all through my life. You probably won't get what you want, but you may get something; aim low, and you get nothing at all. It's like throwing a stone at a cat. When I was a kid that used to be great sport in our yard; I daresay you were throwing cricket-balls when you were that age, but it's the same thing. If you throw straight at it, you fall short; aim above, and with luck you score. Every kid knows that. I'll tell you the story of my life.'

(from Decline and Fall - Evelyn Waugh)

Whom I have never read by the way.

And, a man named Evelyn? :-P It should be a crime to do that to your son.

But the above is one the best things I bumped into today. Except for the stupid cruelty to animals bit, one must say. Oh humanity! Can´t even manage to say one inspiring quote without messing it up.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?