Saturday, January 15, 2005
And on a lighter note, here are the top ten reasons that God created Eve:
10. God worried that Adam would be lost in the Garden of Eden, because he wouldn't ask for directions.
9. God knew that, someday, Adam would need someone to hand him the TV remote. (It has been noted that men don't want to see what's ON TV. They want to see WHAT ELSE is on.)
8. God knew that Adam would never make a doctor's appointment.
7. God knew that, when Adam's fig leaf wore out, he would never buy a new one for himself.
6. God knew that Adam would not remember to take out the garbage.
5. God wanted man to be fruitful and multiply. But, He knew Adam would never be able to handle labor pains and childbirth.
4. As "keeper of the garden," Adam would need help in finding his tools.
3. Adam needed someone to blame for the Apple Incident and for anything else that was really his fault.
2. As the Bible says, "It is not good for man to be alone."
1. And the No. 1 reason of all (Tada ... drum roll ... fanfare , etc.)
God stepped back, looked at Adam, and declared ...
"I can do better than that."
Actually, I would put #2 as #1. And if we can just teach men to talk to women... many mating problems will be solved.