<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 14, 2004

We have comments installed!

So it is Saturday morning and what do I jump out of bed to do? After trying (as I thought yesterday) to unsuccessfully install the little code to allow visitors to comment on blogs, I awake this morning thinking that unless I understand better how the blogging world works, my blog is doomed. And with a mix of reluctance, like when you buy the new toy (such as TV, DVD, VCR) and you reach home and you do not want to spend the next hour reading the stupid manual, but plug the toy in and press all the buttons on the remote hoping you will figure it all out intuitively, but realize that half of the things you wanted to do, you cannot devine where in the world they put the button for it, I got out of bed and thought, "this ("this" referring to blogging) will take more work."

My number one priority was to figure out how the little comments appear on the page. What is a blog without those countless wonderful useless comments by blog peers?

As I prepare myself to spend the next few hours wading through endless tutorials and pages explaining how to do the basics of blogging and possible features, I turn on computer and bring up the blog page, and to my joy, I realize that comment capability had been successfully installed yesterday, however, due to IE´s absolutely crass functioning in (not) refreshing pages and caching everything to the next millenium, I had mistakenly thought all my efforts in installing the comment thing had come to naught. Well, a nice surprise for all my learn about blogging efforts.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?