<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 13, 2004

Don´t Michael Jackson fans frighten you? 

Jackson fans gathered outside the courthouse Friday, but far fewer than the 3,000 who showed up for the singer's arraignment.

"Michael's a great guy. I've never met him," Anthony Rocker said. "In his heart, he has so much compassion, like what he does for kids. He constantly donates his time and money for kids. I do not believe the charges."

He added, "The charges haven't shown me enough to convict Michael. If he's convicted, I won't believe the conviction."

CNN

Until recently, with this new lawsuit unfolding, I suppose I actually was the only person in the world that had been under the notion that Michael Jackson has not had fans for quite some time. This is how in tune I am with my fellow humans, billions of which make me feel like an ET for detesting mediocre pop music with a vengeance.

Given that to me, Michael Jackson looks so hideous, with a face more resembling a Halloween mask than anything human, and even more grotesque when I think that´s it´s not fake, it is a person´s real face... and the fact that every now and then I saw some gossipy headline flash before me like Jackson was building some weird amusement park thing as a ranch, or that he wanted to go into some oxygen or freezing capsule, or that he wanted to look like Diana Ross, or that he did not look like a Man anymore, not very human, and desperate to turn white. These were things that said clearly to me, Michael some time ago said good-bye to mental health as I understand it.

Secondly, and much more importantly, there was the very real issue of his obsession with boys and pedophilia. There was the lawsuit that he settled some time back. And a few years ago as I chatted with some people in the Entertainment industry, they mentioned, "the rumors are true... Michael is a pedophile".

And the issue of his heterosexuality, and weird marriages, I question his heterosexuality as well, I don´t understand how someone could marry Michael, aside from some vested interest.

I remember how much I liked Michael´s singing in the seventies, his melodic voice, how in tune and effortlessly he seemed to sing, up to the time he was a teenager, but not after that. I remember thinking how ugly and mediocre I found his Thriller music clip, that we were forced to watch over and over again, it seemed every five minutes the thing was shown, I remember how I shook my head to learn that it had sold millions, as all of his hits made me do in the 90´s and later. And as much of today´s music makes me feel.

I remember everytime I saw a new picture of him in the news, it seemed his faced got more hideous, more distorted, and made me ask myself, how ugly would it get?

I don´t know where his fans get this image that "he has so much compassion", "so much love". I certainly find him a horror movie character.
I confess that I don´t know much of what Jacko claims to do for kids, and that I am not going to go through the trouble of researching it, even though this blog is really shaping up as an essay.. and here I am criticizing ignorance in others...however... it will remain as a quick vent... and not turn into more work...

His recent comment in interview that sleeping with kids is for everyone... where is his mind really? NeverNeverland?

But what really scare me are his fans... fans like this one in the CNN article:
"Michael's a great guy. I've never met him [but] in his heart, he has so much compassion, like what he does for kids. He constantly donates his time and money for kids. I do not believe the charges."
He added, "The charges haven't shown me enough to convict Michael. If he's convicted, I won't believe the conviction."


That is, I don´t want to know anything about Michael that I wouldn´t like to know. And if you show it to me, I will shut it off from my mind again and go back to my Michael fan zombie state.

And these are the people that get to be on juries, on school boards, on this and that, and make decisions that affect the lives of kids and adults everywhere.

Certainly, it´s much more grotesque than anything on any horror movie. It´s real.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?